What is a Cookie and What Purposes Does It Serve?
A cookie is a file kept on your computer by the websites you have visited. Cookies aim the use of a website more efficiently by users. It enables customized web pages to be presented to you in order to ensure a faster and more convenient visit experience in accordance with your personal requirements. Such file stores information about your surf on the website. Your devices enabling you to access shall remember your data when you use the website again, through the information kept in the file. Therefore, cookies are necessary and important for users in order to use websites more effectively and easily. In addition, cookies are used on the website and on the websites of third parties so that we can provide you better and customized services, products or offers. Such technologies may be various data acquisition tools that automatically collect information showing your access and use by our website each time you visit our website and they can also be used when collecting data by third parties operating on our behalf and on our account. The aim of the use of such technologies is to improve our website, to make it more useful, effective and secure. Cookies, flash cookies and analytical cookies are the examples of these technologies.
Main Purposes of Using Cookies
- To increase the functionality and performance of the website in order to improve the services provided to you,
- To improve the website, to introduce new features on the website and to customize the features offered according to your preferences,
- The requirement of some statistical data in order to use the website more effectively,
- To collect information about your browsing and usage preferences and habits specific to the website you are on,
- The requirement of your personal data such as your IP address in order to fulfill legal and contractual obligations, especially those pursuant to Law No.5651 on the Regulation of Publishing on the Internet Environment and Controlling Crimes Committed through these Publications and the Regulation on the Procedures and Principles with respect to Regulating Internet Publishing.
What Types of Data Do We Process With Cookies?
- To facilitate the use of the websites of Erciyes Anadolu Holding A.Ş. and its Affiliates, to better customize websites and products of Erciyes Anadolu Holding A.Ş and its Affiliates in accordance with your interests and requirements,
- To remember your surfing and usage preferences during your visit to the websites of Erciyes Anadolu Holding A.Ş. and its Affiliates,
- To ensure the proper functioning of various features and functions of the websites of Erciyes Anadolu Holding A.Ş. and its Affiliates,
- To collect nonpersonal general information about how the websites of Erciyes Anadolu Holding A.Ş and its Affiliates are used by visitors such as the most clicked links, the most visited pages, the number of error messages displayed and to render erroneous pages functional, to improve our website, to remove or improve pages that are not preferred by analyzing such information,
- To identify your identity with the data we collect through cookies, to perform personal profiling or to track your activities on websites other than our website.
- Cookies installed on your computer or information obtained through them is used for statistical analysis or security measures. Any of your personal data is not collected through cookies. Cookies are not used for purposes other than those specified in this Policy, and all related transactions are carried out in accordance with the Law on the Protection of Personal Data numbered 6698.
Categories of Cookies
Cookies can be classified in various ways:
Type of the Cookie
Cookies can be classified in various ways:
These types of cookies are used to separate the user's visit into sessions and do not collect data from the user. The cookie is deleted when the user closes the web page visited or remains inactive for a certain period of time.
These cookies are stored in your browser and remain valid until they are deleted by you or until the expiration date.
These cookies are absolutely necessary for the Website to function properly. These cookies are required to manage the system and prevent fraudulent transactions, and in the event that they are blocked, the website shall not function. These are cookies that are used for the purposes of remembering your preferences, using the website effectively, optimizing the website to respond to your requests, and they contain data about how you use the website.
Functional and Analytical Cookies
These are cookies that are used for the purposes of remembering your preferences, using the website effectively, optimizing the website to respond to your requests, and they contain data about how you use the website. Due to their nature, these types of cookies may contain your personal data. For instance, cookies that record your preference for the display language of the website are functional cookies. Analytical cookies are those that enable the production of analytical results such as the number of visitors to the website, the detection of the pages displayed on the website, the website visit hours, and the scrolling movements of the website pages.
Tracking cookies are primary and third party cookies created during your visit to our website and third party domains. These cookies enable to track your click and visit history on the domains where they were created and to match these records between different domains. These types of cookies are used for the purpose of recognizing and profiling users, targeting advertising and marketing activities, and customizing the content.
These cookies shall not be used to identify you or to make a decision regarding you.
How Can You Control Cookies?
You can control or delete cookies as you wish. You can delete cookies that are already on your computer and prevent cookies from being saved/ placed on most Internet browsers. However, we would like to remind you that if you delete cookies and prevent future cookies from being downloaded to your computer, you may not be able to access some of the features of our website.
Most internet browsers allow you to do the following:
- To view the saved cookies and delete the ones you wish.
- To block third party cookies.
- To block cookies on certain sites.
- To block entire cookies.
- To delete entire cookies when you close the internet browser.
- 1. Open the desktop and tap or click the Internet Explorer icon on the taskbar
- 2. Tap or click the Tools button and Internet options.
- 3. Tap or click the Privacy tab, then move the slider up under Settings to block all cookies and tap or click the OK button.
- 1. Open Chrome on your computer.
- 2. Click More Settings at the top right.
- 3. Click Advanced at the bottom.
- 4. Under "Privacy and security", click on Content settings.
- 5. Click on cookies.
- 6. Search for the name of the website under "All cookies and site data".
- 7. Click the Uninstall icon to the right of the website.
- 1. Click the Firefox Menu button and select Options.
- 2. Select the Privacy and Security panel and go to the History section.
- 3. Change the Firefox setting to Let use custom settings for history.
- 4. Click the Show cookies… button. Cookies window will appear.
- 5. In the search, type the name of the website the cookies of which you want to delete. Cookies matching your search will be displayed.
- 6. Select the cookie (s) you want to delete and click the Delete selected button.
- 7. Click the Close button to close the Cookies window. Then close the about: preferences page.
- 1. Choose Safari> Preferences.
- 2. Click Privacy.
- 3. Click on Website Data
- 4. Select one or more websites, and then click Delete or Delete All.